I had no problems in the initial stages of the project where we were only tasked with researching notable people in that help progress media, an undead media and interesting uses of sound. The only real problem I ran for my research blog was that my blog was not working so I had to create a new one and release all of them in a batch. But that didn’t set me back and I went on to develop my idea for my poster which I clearly knew how I wanted to.
For my first attempt I tried to solely use flash for my project excluding the images but I ran in many problems with symbols, tweening and even If didn’t my idea could of been pull of more time and effort efficiently. I eventually decided to find images online that somewhat fit my idea and edit them accordingly. Then proceed to add images and text to them before adding them to flash to animate and add buttons.
But when I was doing this I didn’t sizing into consideration. I realised this when I previewed my unfinished project in flash and it was so small that you couldn’t make out the images let alone the texts. So I went on on Paint.net (an image editor) to resize the images whilst altering to prevent it losing quality when upscaled the results were lacklustre, and that was the end of my second try.
So on my third approach to the production of the poster I made decide to not rely on one software over the other (Flash and Paint.net in this case). And use both their functions in tandem to produce the best poster I can. Which seemed to be going well until my computer started glitch and leading to the crash of flash. Though no work was lost and I could of transferred it on to a different system. But due to my lack of preparation.
I was force to dropped my current project and start a new project, which seemed like a battle between me and ActionScript. Due to time I was force to drop a lot of aspects I once had in my mind for may initial idea. Even though ran into a lot of problems in the project and my initial idea was not fully realised. I feel that I learnt a lot from my mistakes than in workshops and now a lot more comfortable than I was using ActionScript a couple weeks back.